Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Yummy Roll Recipe!!

Here is the roll recipe that has been requested. It is the same recipe my mom has always used. I love it, and it also works great for cinnamon rolls!!!

Dissolve:
1 cup warm water
3 Tbs yeast

Heat to warm in sauce pan:
4 cups milk
1 cup sugar
4 tsp salt

Add to milk mixture w/ yeast mixture:
4 eggs
1cup oil
12-16 cups flour

Directions:
Knead until dough becomes a soft ball. Let raise until doubled (about 45 min.-1 hour). Roll out, cut, place on pan, and raise again (45 min.-1 hour). Bake @ 375 degrees for 12-17 min. Yields approx. 4 dozen rolls.

I've also done half wheat flour w/ half all-purpose flour. They still turn out good, not too crumbly.:o) Happy baking!

3 comments:

Steph said...

Will you come to my house and teach me? I've attempted many times (okay, not many because I get discouraged fast--did you ever hear about the Thanksgiving rolls that the dogs ate before they could be cooked?). Thanksgiving is at my house this year (this is a first!) and I think I should learn. I don't make pies, I don't make rolls, and I still haven't made yams by myself. How do I do Thanksgiving? =) I LOVE your stories Michelle! It reminds me of my life 7 years ago and makes now seem much more boring!

Marilyn said...

great stories! I'm glad you can laugh about all the crazy things Carter does. I'm not as good at laughing at all of Ivy's craziness.

Sharee said...

Wow. That salsa story was hilarious. When you have a minute, can you e-mail me your address? My new e-mail is on my blog.