Okay, so I just had my whole post already typed up and somehow lost it. Aaaagh! Now that's a little irritating when I only take time to post biannualy!:o)
Anyways, life has been crazy busy, and I'm lovin' it! I just finished up my year with piano students and "Let's Play Music" students (music classes for little kids). I had so much fun watching my students progress and learn so much. I love my job!
Jake and I and the kids just got back from our big trip to Michigan. We had such a good time. There was plenty of time for relaxing. I almost forgot how to get back into everyday life again!!
Here's a brief outline of what we did there:
Thursday, (21st)--we flew out of SLC and arrived in Detroit to be greeted by Jake's amazing Uncle Dave and Aunt Joanie.
Friday--drove to the Mackinac bridge, across the bridge:o), and to Uncle Dave and Aunt Joanie's cabin on the Upper Peninsula.
Saturday--went to Whitefish Point, a location infamous for causing over 550 shipwrecks. It's on Lake Superior. My favorite picture of our family was taken on the beach there, but I can't find it on my card, so I'll post it another time.
Sunday--visited Mackinac Island, famous for not allowing any cars. There were thousands of bikes an lots of horse drawn wagons (their "taxis").
Monday--took a boat tour of Pictured Rocks, very picturesque and gorgeous rock formations along the coast of Lake Superior.
Tuesday--headed back to Howell, Michigan, not without a detour to a friendly little zoo>:o)
Wednesday--rest and relaxation, got to see Grandma Hawes for the first time this trip.
Thursday--Jake, Krystal, Me, and the kids went to visit Jake's step-dad, Mike. It was so fun meeting him. Jake gets a lot of who he is from Mike. If I could sum Mike up in a few short words, it would be mountain man! Not even kidding, he reminded me of Spur off "The Man from Snowy River". I've often teased Jake that he would be happiest as a mountain man. No wonder! That's where he gets it.
Friday--got to spend time with Sherry, Jake's mom. We went and visited a "farm" too. It was kinda funny, 'cause our kids get to see farm animals quite frequently here in Idaho, but they had a whole park mad just to view farm animals. The kids enjoyed it though. I enjoyed watching 13 piglets try to eat all at the same time--poor sow!:o)
Saturday--We got to spend some more time with Sherry as well as the rest of the fam. We also got to see Danielle (Jake's cousin, David's, wife--David passed away in a car accident 3 years ago) and their two children for a short time. They were at a horse show. It was fun to get to see them doing something they love so much!
Sunday--We flew out from Detroit and arrived back in SLC. It was so welcoming to see the Rockies again. I love the mountains! The drive home from Salt Lake got a bit long, but we all survived.
We had such great time. I loved learning more about Jake's childhood and seeing where he gets so many of his quirks--thanks to Uncle Dave:o) Aunt Joan and Uncle Dave were so nice to let us stay with them the entire time. It was so fun to see Krystal and her little guy, Trever, and Jake's cousin Jenny and her 4 kids. What a great break and fun vacation, and now, life must go on. . .I almost forgot!
No comments:
Post a Comment