Sunday, November 2, 2008


So, even though this shin-dig took place a week before Halloween, I just now got the pics uploaded to the computer. I'm a little slow.:o) Anyways, I decided this year (with the help of Mom) that Carter and Emily should be Pebbles and BamBam. Then I got to thinking how it would be fun for me to dress up as Wilma. I also thought it would be fabulous if Jake would agree to be Fred, but thought no way, no how. But, he never fails to surprise me! He said sure, if I wanted him to.:o)
After I told my mother the good news, she got this brilliant idea of throwing a halloween party for the family, cousins, etc. She thought we needed somewhere to where these costumes, especially if Jake was willing to dress up! These pics are from that party.




Emmy does have a bone in her hair, even though it's not very visible.:o)




Carter wasn't a big fan of the goofy little hat, so Jake held his arms down long enough for a picture, so we could all get the full effect.




Emmy's playing peek-a-boo with her daddy through the banister. She makes that scrunchy face a lot. I love it!!




You couldn't come to the party if you weren't dressed up, so here's the host and hostess.:o)







The kiddos are eating their cupcakes from the cupcake walk. Yum, yum!


We had a great time at the party. Mom actually put a lot of preparation into it! They had a bean bag toss, cupcake walk, fishing pond, and see how fast you can put the bones of the skeleton together contest. It was all an excellent idea. Thanks Mom and Dad!!!

9 comments:

ShaRee said...

Those costumes are awesome! Your family is so cute!

SJW said...

chelle! Oh my heck, you have another Sharee friend? I think I knew that! Anyway, these costumes are absolutely hilarious. I'm still laughing. Carter looks so good. I can't believe you got your hubby to dress up. What did you do to your hair, is that a wig? I love it.

Stacey said...

Amazing! You and your fam were amazingly dressed up and I can't believe you made the costumes by hand. I might start calling you Martha. You've really outdone yourself this time. love ya.

Carlie said...

I'm totally jealous. I wish I could have been there. You guys are super cute!

Steph said...

Marilyn said you guys were awesome. So cute. I wish we could have been there except Ben would never ever ever dress up. See, look how cool Jake is!

Becki R said...

Love your costumes! What a fun Halloween party too! Chileans don´t celebrate Halloween so I missed out on the fun this year!

SJW said...

Hi Michelle, it's me again! Sorry to post another comment, but I got your comment on my blog, & I had to respond!! So I'm 3 months along with Baby #2, due May 26th. AnnMarie & the new one will be about 22 months apart. Yikes! I'm so excited though. Also, I received a comment from Angela, & I have no way to get a hold of her. Her blog is private, & the e-mail I had for her didn't go through. Do you know how I can get a hold of her?

Amber Horspool said...

your family looked so cute for halloween!!! hey, we're coming up to Park City for the week of Thanksgiving. It would be so fun to see you guys. Are you going to be around on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday? (the 24th,25th or 26th?)
Maybe we could have a little get together with everyone who lives close to that area? What do you think? Call me asap:)
(909) 709-8384
p.s. i just read your friend sharee's comment. i'm due the 25th of May, how funny! i also have 3 other friends due that same week!

Pam said...

lol!!! you guys look great! That's so funny! You are just too cute!