Sunday, December 14, 2008

I love the Fall!

So, I never blogged some of my fave pics from this fall. We had such a gorgeous fall this year, which isn't always the case here in Blackfoot. It was nice calm weather and stayed in the 50's and 60's for quite some time. It wasn't until last week that we had our first real snow fall (where the snow stuck to the ground for more than just a few minutes).
I have had fun with some of the responsibilities that come with having our own house. We got to rake leaves. . .tons of them!! This pile is one of probably 15 or more that I raked, then Jake burned a ton more after that! So, it was fun at first, then it gets a little annoying, but I'm not complaining. I love having a house! Carter, Jake, Gunner (our dog), and I had fun playing in the leaves. Emmy was taking a nap this time.



This year, we also planted our own garden. I loved it. We even planted our own pumpkins, but only two grew big, and only one looked good. So, we went to a pumpkin patch to pick out some pumpkins. There were quite a few to choose from!!



Jake is holding Emmy, though you really can't tell. I didn't get a very good pic of her there:o(




We also made quite a few trips to the park. It's within walking distance, so it makes for a nice out and a breath of fresh air. I'd load the kids in the jogging stroller and take off. Carter loved making friends there and going down slides. He would even occasionally take Emmy down the slide with him. Emmy loved it!! But most of the time, Emmy just crawled around in the grass to see what she could find. That's sanitary, right?







All in all, we had a great fall. Hey, I'm a poet and don't even know it. :o) I'm so glad the weather stayed so nice so long. My kiddos love playing outside. And I love not always being stuck inside. We'll have to start being more creative and thinking of indoor activities now. We'll definitely go out and play in the snow too, but not when it's windy and below 20 degrees. I think that's a pretty fair cutoff!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Hey that sounds like a lot of fun! Dream childhood for your kids!
What else did you plant? We normally do tomatoes, bell peppers and strawberries...this year we added a couple of blueberry bushes and chili peper (neither of us likes spicy food) but we wanted to try them out...people loved us (when we gave them as gifts) lol

SJW said...

Michelle, thanks for the message. I also got the e-mail you sent me with the adorable invitation attached that Jess made. My e-mail is sharee_julett@hotmail.com. I'm definitely planning to be there as long as we make it home. We can't leave until Christmas Eve, & there's suppose to be a huge storm on the 23rd. Hopefully, we'll be able to drive through the Blue Mountain pass with no problems. Anyway, see you soon! Love ya', Sharee